Admissions: Domestic Student
The application deadline for Fall 2017 is August 1
Fall 2017 Classes Start: August 30, 2017
A bachelor’s degree in a science, technology, engineering, mathematics related field.
- GRE scores are not required for admission
- A bachelor's degree in any subject and 3.0 GPA
- Prospective students must have also completed the following courses at the undergraduate or graduate level:
- One semester of statistics
- Calculus I or II (depending upon track)
- Candidates must have academic or professional experience equivalent to basic programming courses.
- Students who do not have formal undergraduate programming courses or on-the-job training are encouraged to use MOOCs or Khan Academy.
- International applicants should refer to the International Admission Page for special admission information
Applications for the Master's program are accepted for the Fall semester only since the first science course in the sequence begins then.
- Apply online
- Select proposed program Data Science >> Data Science (PRST MPS)
- Submit your statement of goals as an attachment in the “Academic Goals and Research Interests” section
- Insert names of references into “References” section
- Complete residency information to be reviewed for in-state tuition rates
- Request official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions to be sent to UMBC Graduate School, 1000 Hilltop Circle, Baltimore, MD 21250 or emailed to email@example.com.
Your application should include the following documents: (Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.)
- Completed application including residency form (Residency form determines in-state tuition eligibility)
- Statement outlining the student's goals and expectations in the program. This also is an opportunity for applicants to further explain their background and qualifications for the program and provide any additional information about themselves or their career experience that they feel will benefit the evaluation of their application.
- Resume (When applying online, upload your resume to the graduate school application.)
- Official transcript(s) from each college & university attended
- Non-refundable application fee ($50 online)
All application documents should be mailed to:
UMBC Graduate School, MPS: Data Science
1000 Hilltop Circle
Baltimore, MD 21250
If you require further assistance, please contact Allison Jones or call 410-455-1244.