Accelerated Data Science Program: BS/MPS Program Option
UMBC undergraduate students have the option of applying to the BS/MPS program in their
junior or senior year and may take up to nine graduate credits that can be applied to both their
undergraduate and graduate degrees. Students benefit by shortening the time to degree
completion, experience the cost savings of taking graduate courses at undergraduate tuition
rates, experience flexible learning options (some courses taught in evening or in hybrid format)
and gain practical knowledge and skills.
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0
- Maintain good academic standing throughout the duration of undergraduate degree
- Students are required to complete the following courses before applying:
- CMSC 201, CMSC 202, CMSC 203
- CMSC 313, CMSC 331, STAT 355
- MATH 151, MATH 152, MATH 221
- Complete the Graduate School Accelerated Bachelor's/Master's Application Form
- Submit copy of undergraduate transcripts to Graduate School
- Submit required documentation to your Undergraduate Advisor for preliminary review and approval. If approved your application will be reviewed by the Data Science Graduate Program Director and a final admission decision will be made.
- Once approved, complete theApproval for Undergraduates to take Courses for Graduate Credit.
- One semester prior to completion of your bachelor's degree, submit an application for the MPS: Data Science program to the Graduate School. The graduate school application fee is waived ($50 online/$70 paper).
- Once admitted to the MPS Data Science program, complete transfer of credits form to Graduate School for nine credits